Thursday, August 24, 2006

Confessions of a crappy flosser.

Deep dark sadness. I think sometimes that Jesus is like getting a root canal.

I have to get a root canal. Ok. So I haven't been to the dentist in quite sometime. The last time I went the guy did such a bad job, it freaked me out and I haven't gone back. "Oh maybe you have a hypersensitive tooth or something.." maybe it feels like you are boring holes into my head and hot lighting flashes of pain shoot up into my brain.

Maybe I have a cavity underneath the filling you just put in, wacko.

I'm such an idiot. I've been in pain for so long and have just tried to ignore it and chewed on the other side. Whilst the tooth keeps rotting along. Just because I pretend it's not there, doesn't mean it's not there. Ugh.

So I finally get up the nerve to go to Dr. Pmurph, and he looks at me like I have three heads.

But. The good news is, I'll feel better when it's all said and done and I'll be able to eat chocolate again, be able to drink water again, drink hot tea, open my mouth again. Hooray.

I'm such a wuss. It's just a root canal.

4 comments:

testing123 said...

I haven't been in a long time either, I think that starting the process of getting braces when I was in 2nd grade and having braces until I was almost 16, is the cause of my fear... Either that, or I'm just a wuss too.

Linz said...

Not really, I just felt stupid for letting it go so long.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I just had a root canal and it wasn't really bad, nothing like the cultural associations we have with that term. It did hurt a bit in the pocket book, though, even after insurance. I think I may have an expensive dentist.

Mark said...

I had a root canal once. And it has forever skewed my view of dentists, and teeth in general, as you know.

Or course getting some chompers knocked out with the butt end of a hockey stick might have had something to do with it too.

The root canal wasn't really THAT bad, but it wasn't a ride in a boxcar either.