Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Greetings from The Haute.

Many things have happened since we last posted.

I turned a year older. Twenty seven is delicious so far. Heard it described most perfectly by a sara of mine, "Old enough to be making decent money, and still young enough to not have old people responsibilities." Yeah, I'm down.

I now have a beaux. I'm not going to put much info up here about him. He's in the public eye (well, ear, rather) enough. But he's great, and great for me, and I'm very excited about this developement.

I have started week number in Terre Haute in 'Lindsey-style'. Hows that? By leaving the lights in my rental car on all night, requiring a member of the Hampton Inn housekeeping staff to jump my Ford Taurus. I was a half hour late to my first day of training, but that got worked out. I didn't miss anything and I now have a badge on a stringy bungee thing that I pull out and let snap back to my hip.

It's fantastic.

I have also already snagged a spot on a volleyball team for Monday nights in Terre Haute. Which is also fantastic.

On the way home I definitely drove by a semi-sized caged truck that was chock full of live chickens, not terribly unlike this one:


Only in Indiana.

2 comments:

Cary said...

I've always wanted a job with one of those kinds of name tags! I'm glad for all the good things going on right now. If Terre Haute was closer, I'd come watch one of your volleyball games. AND-No one ever again who sees this photo has the right to question or tease my vegetarianism. Sick.

Anonymous said...

yep, i have to agree with Cary, yet somehow i still love eating chicken. imagine that. linz- i miss you; i really wished i saw you more. we are finally done with your West Wing dvds(thank you so much)and i think of you every time i see them. hope to see you soon!