Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blue and Fruit

Out of the blue I have to have a surgery.  I have just recently found out that I have three rather large fibroid tumors in my uterus.  They are about the size of grapefruits or something.  Good news is that this is fairly common and it shouldn't have any long term effect, they are benign but i do require an incision to remove them and I will have a 4-6 week recovery time.   I'm doing fine with this and am not in any discomfort or anything, just weirded out that I have three citrus fruits in my womb.  Mostly scared about missing that much work.  I'll be on short-term disability so finances and vacation time isn't the issue, it's more about being out of the saddle for that long. Ultimately God is driving the bus and I am more than safe in his hands, but still... I have fruit salad, and temporarily, no purpose.  Weird. 
 
You may be surprised that I'm blogging about this, but I'm fairly open with stuff like this and I think it's important to tell women to GET TO THE GIRL DOCTOR.  I hadn't gone in three years and I am regretting my squeamish-ness about this.  This is much more a big deal than my root canal...
 
Anyway this adventure isn't without a blog worthy story:
 
I am getting ready to get my MRI scan done to figure out how these babies are attached, and "the Dude" running the desk takes me back to a small lockerroom.  A. It was a Dude, I guess that isn't uncommon, but when getting your scrubs handed to you it's odd having a dude tell you what things to leave on and what to take off.  B. "The Dude" hands me a giant, blue.. PARACHUTE??? What IS this thing?  I swear it was 4X day at the hospital and these crazy blue paper scrubs were GI-NORMOUS!  If I had dropped my business card in them me and LITERALLY four our five of my closest friends could have been joining me in this free time-share of a pair of pants.  It was nutty.  The sillouette of me in these pants was so much like a ping-pong paddle on it's end I almost snapped a picture of it so I could blog it, but I didn't. (try to hide your disappointment)  C.  I walk back out of the dressing room with my sandals, my scrub top, and my hammer pants and Dude says to me, "You can have a seat back in the waiting room if you like."  I obediently slithered back toward the double doors that I walked through earlier, the other side of which were scads of fully clothed people reading magazines.  Then I stopped.  "You want me to go where?"  I am only still wearing 5% of the clothing that I came in here with and those people out there are not trained medical professionals.  Dude says "Well there a TV in there, but you can sit wherever you want."  Thanks.  I'll give up the TV.  Me and my blue paper tent are just fine here where there is no danger of givin' any octegenarian a free shot.  I was seriously wondering if I was being Punk'd.  Insane.
 
So if you are a praying sort, I could use some prayer for this.  I am also leave for Switzerland on Friday for two weeks.  It's a work trip and I'm generally a dork, so stay tuned for good stories of Murl abroad.
 
I'm sure 4-6 weeks at home will be good fodder for this blog thing that I've all but abandoned.
 
I also have ripped out basement pictures to show you...ooh are you all tingly????
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago. Funny stuff!

Sorry to hear about your surgery. I'll definately be praying for you.

- Shahn

testing123 said...

Hey Linds,

I'll be praying for you. I haven't seen you in a long time. We'll all have to hang out when you and Ange get back in the country. Email me and let me know when you have the surgery. jheirendt@gmail.com

Jesse

Anonymous said...

I lined up three grapefruit on my counter, then put them in a bunch on the counter. Either way, it's a pretty big cluster. I'm so freaked out. I do, however, enjoy awkward stories from doctor's officies. I have two, if you are ever wanting to hear a story.
Also, I would not eat off of your shower doors. Anything that could have possibly had contact with wet, naked butt cheeks is out of the question.

georgezilla said...

Rye-yutt, Lindsey. There is no place on earth more humility-inducing than a trip to the Dr.s office and a galivant in the world of ties-in-the-back one-ply fashion. I appreciate that even a "simple" surgery is extremely nerve-racking. I talk to God about, K?