Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sad-Light Savings Time

I have said before that my favorite day of the year is the day we get an extra hour of sleep.
 
This year I am sooo bummin because in Switerland, that is a different day than it is in the states, and as dumb luck would have it.. it's today.  That's right, the day I travelled over here.  Which means, that the extra hour of sleep not only doesn't count, it actually is worse because instead of being wide awake at 5:30 whining on my blog about jet lag... I'm wide awake at 4:30 whining on my blog about jet lag.
 
Oh the horror of missing my favorite day.   To add to the misery, since it is a different day in the states, the opportunity would have existed to have this day twice!  To get two hours of extra sleep on two different days, but alas, i will be in Switzerland when the States fall back, so I miss that too.
 
Woe is me.  I cannot think of a worse stroke of luck. 
 
:) 
 
Miss everyone already.  This is going to be a long, lonely stretch.

3 comments:

J said...

REally...my favorite day of the year is DST, albeit in the spring. I always am thrilled when the time changes, and the sun is up in the sky longer into the evening. I can handle the hour less of sleep for that.

But I'm sorry, I know how much the fall DST means to you. That stinks. How far are you from the Meridian Line? Could you fly there to celebrate your big day??

annie said...

If it makes you feel any better, they changed it this year, so we don't get it until next week.

Anonymous said...

I was reading this and feeling really bad for you-- so I'm going to volunteer to sleep in two extra hours-- one for me, and one for you. I know, can you believe it? I'm such a giver. Miss you! Love, D