Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Heinz the Piper"

The English crew that we work with hosted a social event for our project in honor of the famous Scotish poet Robert Burns. He was the guy who wrote Auld Lang Syne. The night was largely as incoherent as that song. He wrote some other stuff, and fathered 19 children...with five different women.




"The Haggis" which was 'addressed' in a ceremonious way was first led into the bar by a real-live kilted bagpiper. It's intestine-y stomach was stabbed and opened infront of the whole crew and we sang songs about it.. it was sorta weird.



After the tasting of the Haggis.. (which is basically sheep organ meat ground up with some oats...cooked inside an intestine...) and tatties and 'nips (potatoes and turnips) there were more songs and toasts.... And people asking for pizza, which was also available!

Yeow...
Me giving the Lasses reply to the Lads toast. (Men are like Parking Spaces... the good ones are taken, the rest are handicapped, or just too short). Whiskey tasting... (Eh..it was ok...)

Brilliant Evening... lovely just lovely. I had a microphone.. a captive audience, in a bar...(where have I done this before??) Much fun. I hope I don't get mad cow disease from eating sheep parts.

Much love.. I have more ski pictures to post. Do not fret.

I come home in two weeks, then progress on the tub. And maybe then I'll write some real stuff...life, Jesus, being old, etc.

I know you are on pins and needles (better than Haggis, Tatties and Nips).

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Linz,
they are doing a burns night at schlaffley this thursday. Must be his birthday or something.

Linz said...

Fun! Yeah it actually is his birthday thing... Jan 25 or thereabouts.

I love the English. And the Irish...and the Scotish..

Lovely.