Thursday, July 10, 2008

Closer to Fine.

So I think I need something. I think I need to lighten up. Is God a God of Grace or not? Of course he is? Does he love me or doesn't he?

He does.

Wisdom is hidden from the learned and given to the children.

Several people (more than I care to admit really) have been trying to tell me that I am too uptight. Too self-depreciating and I am trying really hard to listen to the advice. God has forgiven my transgressions as far as the east is from the west.

I am tired of trying so damn hard.

Taking the advice to breathe, to live, to let my wall down.

Thankyou J, L, M, D, S, D, M, A. (That is a lot of people).

Im trying to tell you something about my life
Maybe give me insight between black and white
And the best thing youve ever done for me
Is to help me take my life less seriously
Its only life after all
Well darkness has a hunger thats insatiable
And lightness has a call thats hard to hear
I wrap my fear around me like a blanket
I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it
Im crawling on your shores

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Light is good. It keeps us out of the dark. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Forgive me for this - but it might help.

You need to think outside the God box.

liz said...

or maybe it's just the box that's too small. maybe if you let God out of the box?

mom of the year said...

Hi! I made my way over here from Jim's blog. LOVE THE TITLE! Anyway, Closer to Fine is one of my all-time favorite songs. There is a whole bunch of wisdom in it. Blessings on your quest to be closer to fine...