Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Words

Scrabulous is Fabulous.
 
Ch-ch-changes. Hello Zack, Goodbye Phil, Hello Ryan. Goodbye House Group (?) Hello Isaiah.
 
Did anyone else notice the olympic closing ceremony dudes were wearing Bike helmets?  Of all the dough they spent on that thing, you'd think their hats would get a little more creative than that...  They were the same color as the toe-nail polish of the indifferent woman in the chair next to me at Le Nails.  (Like... Metallic Gold, Red, Black and Metallic Silver cross-hatchies).
 
The chain is glowin'
 
Lafayette and 9th is hard to find.
 
GO USA VOLLEYBALL.  Men, Women, Indoor and Sand, I love it all.  Woo hoo. 
Overheard: "I think the men's team are all really ugly.." 
"I don't care, if you can hit a volleyball like that I would marry any one of them, even the libero, in a second" 
"What about that guy with the breathe right strip for Brazil?" 
"Are you kidding me?  He's Brazilian?  It wouldn't matter if he didn't know what a volleyball was..."
 
Dumb Things I said this weekend:
 
"So Anne, do you ever watch the Closing Ceremonies?"
"I always thought Dred-Locks just appeared." Courtney saved me by saying "When I was little, I thought that some people were just born with bangs and some weren't".
 
Dumb Things I did this weekend:
 
Drove the wrong way to the wrong Llywelyns.  After paying 4 bucks to park, drove the wrong way to the right Llywellyns. 
Drove the not fast way downtown and then drove around Lacledes Landing for 40 minutes getting too ambitious for the 'perfect' parking place.   
Drove the wrong way to get to Deanas house for lunch. 
Drove the route to work on my bike with hot water in my bottle.
 
Apparantly, getting a Lincoln makes you drive like like a crazy person.
 
I'm having an open house party.  For me.  For being back in the country and for my birthday in September.  Come one, come all.  Millions of babies will be welcome. I'm saying this now so I attempt to get my house in proper order for such an event.
 

3 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

totally random. i love that!

have to say that your banner sort of scares me! :) like the light is going to jump off my computer or something!

i keep meaning to find a good night to see you...

Mark said...

I thought Scrabulous was turnedoffbecauseoflawsuitsbyhasbrolous?

No? If so, we should play and I'll totally win. I'm currently undefeated against my bro and what might be a future-sis-in-law?

annie said...

Can I invite myself to your open house? It makes me feel special when all the things on my calendar aren't just "taking care of business" as it were...