Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Very Short Story, by Lindsey Merrill.

This morning as i got into work, I realized i needed to use the loo. I went into the bathroom and noticed the frothy green toilet water left over from the morning cleaning.

I then noticed a rather large ker-plunking sound.

I looked down at the green frothy water (yes everything here in Ireland is green) and saw no ripple in the bowl, nor could i see anything beneath the froth.

However I had a horrifying thought about what could have just happened. So on a whim, you could say, by faith, with no proof of what was down there, only the knowledge that if what i thought was down there, was indeed down there, there wouldn't be a second to lose, I jammed my hand down into the frothy green water and grabbed.

It was there. My heart sank into the sea-foamy depths of Eire despair.

I dropped my iPhone in the toilet.

It's ruined. Well maybe not all is lost, i did get it turned off quickly. Maybe there is hope...but no hope for phone calls anytime soon.

You would think I'd be heartbroken, but you know.. i think I'm secretly impressed with myself. I mean I have had that phone AWHILE. And I'm JUST now dropping it in toilet water? I gave myself three weeks tops before doing something asinine like this. It's kinda like when I didn't kill my fish for a few years. Snuggles lived a good long life.

As it is with this phone.

Yeowsah.

4 comments:

stacy ingram said...

Oh no.... not the iPhone? How will you Shazam music? Or play the recorder? But most importantly.... is the voicemail greeting ok???? :)

Praying your iPhone is fully healed and restored :)

Linz said...

I bought a bag of rice and buried my iphone in it. That is supposed to help. I wondered which rice was more of a dessicant, basmati or long grain? I picked basmati.

Courtney Patch said...

for some reason i thought it was going to be an animal or rodent of some sort. apparently i need to travel to places outside of se asia where it is NOT a rodent or animal. :)

hope it dries out!!!

Shannon said...

So I guess it is not an "i-Float", eh?