Saturday, October 24, 2009

Slanket Rules. So does Bruce.

I have made no secret of my love for the Slanket. I also have an intense like for mister Bruce Willis and his lack of hair. Imagine my delight when I ran into THIS video.

I am not sure if I ever chose this venue to vehemently deny the usefulness of the Snuggie, versus the far superior Slanket. I will do this now.

Some points for your consideration:

1. The Slanket was the first. The snuggie is like generic product.

2. The Slanket is luxurious and thick like your favorite velour blanket. The snuggie is reminiscent of those airplane fuzzy things that almost look like a piece of felt.

3. The Slanket comes in colors with names like "Royale with Sleeves"

4. The Slanket would never have a TV commercial. Let alone a TV commercial that shows models wearing them in public.

5. The Slanket now comes in a "Siamese" version. Four joyous arm-holes for two people to enjoy. WHOA. Take that snuggie! Slanket-ness times TWO.

6. The original Slanket does cost more than the snuggie, but filet mignon costs more than a cheeseburger.

7. The Slanket recognized the need for a smaller version and came out with the Travel Slanket, which is the only time they would suggest wearing one outside the comfort of your own home, and I think on an airplane is indeed the only acceptable time to use a Slanket. Kudos, Slanket, Kudos.

3 comments:

stacy ingram said...

In response to your recent post regarding the Slanket and the Snuggie:

1. I myself purchase many generic products, such as the Snuggie, and have been quite satisfied. It is on very rare occasion that I ever purchase Advil, but rather Wal-Brand Ibuprofen. And while the generic brand medicine does not have the candy coating like the name brand... does it not still relieve my aches and pains? Does the Snuggie not provide me with warmth?

2. Felt reminds me of the Flannelgraphs in Sunday School. Which makes me think of Jesus. Which makes me feel like Jesus too would have a Snugggie and perhaps recount the stories of the Old Testimate or give a sermon on the mount while wearing it.

3. What is in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

4. I am reminded of the Slanket website, upon which models are seated on airplanes wearing their "slanket". Is a plane, seated next to another passenger, not a public place? And also... I did not know the Slanket existed for the mear fact that it does not have a commercial on tv.

5. I am single. I live alone. I have no conjoined twin sister. Therefore the 4 armed Slanket is virtually useless to me. Tell me the Slanket has a pouch for me to warm my feet in, and I will gladly convert.

6. Most nights I would prefer a delicious cheeseburger from Five Guys Burgers and Fries than a meal at Ruth Chris.

7. And just where is the Slanket for pets? If I cannot keep my beloved Fido warm and cozy... what reason is there to live? Oh wait...what is this website??? https://www.snuggiefordogs.com

Linz said...

Fine Stacy...if you must know... I have do have four arms. Actually.. it's a dominant trait (little known fact). And so the Slanket is the only sleeved blanket company to address my needs. I therefore pledge my allegience.

Dan Allen said...

I've been trying to lean my gf in the Snanklet direction. We need to avoid the lies told to us by the Snuggie propaganda machine!