Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ghent

When I mention Ghent, two people have quoted to me now: "Tell me you went to Bruges first.  You don't want to miss that gem." 

What movie is this from?  I feel out of it for not knowing the quote.  Is it from the 2008 Colin Farrel flick "In Bruges"?  I'm at a loss.

Regardless, Ghent was a Gem indeed.  There aren't words for how the clear slanty autumn rays bathed this city in light.  Maybe some pics will suffice.  I wish I was Courtney or Jodie or Elisa at this juncture.




This is Grace, roomate extraordinaire!





George, Lindsey and Grace.

The symbols of  Ghent.

Grace Choi shown for Scale.   This was a two-handed sword.  Obviuosly.

George drinking Mussel juice.  Grace pretending to drink Mussel juice for purposes of the photo.  To me, the smarter option of the two. ;)





Bikes literally as far as the eye could see.  I think this is where bikes are grown. 

No comments: