Monday, January 24, 2005

Ode to Linda Jean

Today my project manager took us all out for a great lunch at Bristols, which is home to my all time favorite meal, almond encrusted costa rican tilapia on a bed of rice pilaf, smothered in fresh berries, served with asparagus and a yummy sweet/salty sauce that I can't identify. Oh man. I could die very happy.

To top it all off there is the memory of a dinner eaten there for my birthday that included my good pals in a private corner room with a painting of a fig-leaved naked lady draped over a keg, wine glass hoisted high in the air.

It looked like Mark's mom, Linda Jean.

Today, we also had a private room, with yet ANOTHER naked lady watching us eat, only this time she was a mermaid and decidedly NOT Linda Jean.

5 out of 8 co-workers also ordered almondencrustedcostaricantilapiawithfreshberries. Yeah, they know what's up.

If you are ever in St. Louis, you should try this dish, it's unbelievable, your taste buds will dance and sing.

No comments: