Thursday, June 30, 2005

Barriers to the Good News

You know I've been thinking about why I am not more open with my faith. Sometimes I feel like I lead two very confusing lives. One where I am but a guest here, a stranger in this world who doesn't understand hurt and pain and evil, who longs for home. A person who is sorrowful for people who are blind, whose heart breaks for people who are not aware that they are really beautiful creations.

And then I live in another world where I flip those jerks off in traffic.

It's sometimes too bad that my uglier side is just funnier.

But it worries me, because I don't want to be the flipper-off-er of people. I mean that figuratively, of course. But I want to be a person who just has love for people. Who doesn't get intimidated and feels the need to cut people down or withdraw my presence from them. I am free to love and free to screw up while doing it.

Man, lately I feel like a tangled up mass of sins and confusions, but at the same turn, I feel ok and less ashamed to be here. Because, To quote Beth Moore..."somebody say we're weird, y'all...we're just WEIRD!"

Tis true.

Show me normal. I'll show you dead.
Show me perfect. I'll show you a liar.
Show me broken. I'll show you happy to be fixed, and humble.

No comments: