Monday, May 29, 2006

Hooray for Summer.


Watering little green plants in the yard.
Steamy black driveway basketball.
Strawberries and front porch sittin'.
Driving the boat with Uncle Bob, and canteloupe.
My dad's electric blue luau swim trunks that he swears are "just shorts".

Been awhile since I blogged, I've been slacking a little bit as of late. There are some reasons for that.

I have been really busy at work. Working way too many hours and trying to get some stuff done there, and it's sucked the life out of me. I gotta knock it off.

I met a boy. More on that later. This one has potential of being a keeper, but if nothing else, has restored my faith in men. So he is getting some Murl time. Prayers, good.

A bible study is starting at the house. About 20 thirsty girls are getting together to do some BETH MOORE. (OH MAN is that EXCITING!!! You have no idea.. really.) We are doing "Breaking Free" and I am so pumped. I am craving scripture lately and I'm craving some community like this, all girls, all of us really ready for something, for God to do some amazing things in our lives, all of us ready to be free from something. I really can't describe how excited I am to be apart of this. The thought of being a part of a group of gals who are thrilled about having the blocks removed that keep them from experiencing the weight of the love and mercy and peace of God. Shivers. I need this. My spiritual mouth is watering.

I got bit in the face by a dog this weekend. So if you see me, and I look like a prize fighter, that's why.

5 comments:

angela said...

hooray for captain "i'll have the chimi" in luau shorts!

Linz said...

That's "Boutros Boutros Volley" to you...

Marti said...

Breaking Free...are you doing the DVD's and everything? I'm a big Beth Moore fan, too. I guess that (and Francine Rivers) are what brought me to your blog in the first place.

jane. said...

* if you get a scar it is much cooler than a tattoo. don't forget that, gorgeous.

Linz said...

We aren't doing the videos, just the group thing and the workbook thingy. I am a big Beth and Francine proponent! :) We shall unite.