Thursday, May 04, 2006

Actually...

Actually....The quote on the right hand side was first stated by Marianne Williamson in her book, Nelson Mandela did not say it. (Fabbs, this wasn't just for you.. several people try to tell me this) When I put it up there I actually looked it up and found several sources saying it is not Mandela's, including this one.

Actually... I love Square One TV. I wish they would come out on DVD. I think not only do I love the math, which was not very advanced in general, but I love the punny nature of the presenation of the math. For example, my brother's favorite music video "8 percent of my love". And the classic "Mathman" a video game based on "Pacman" . "Mathman...your mission is to eat ONLY prime numbers. Beware the notorious Mr. Glitch... He will EAT you if you are wrong.

Oh that is good stuff.

Actually... I'm thinking about going to an Over the Rhine show as a road trip. Anyone want to go with? Fort Wayne? Or Chicago? Or Nashville? I'm leaning toward Ft. Wayne 'cause it's a Saturday, and the Chicago show is on a Tuesday. And I'm leaning away from the Cornerstone trip, because... eh.

4 comments:

jane. said...

* you will swoon to the music at the otr show. i did. so did tall black security guard at the paste rock n reel (http://janely.blogspot.com/2005/10/scattered-im-back.html)

angela said...

i've been thinking the same thing....when? i'll go! i'll go!

Courtney Patch said...

if ya'll go I'm in! luv over the rhine!

Cary said...

Square One? My favorite segment was Mathnet. My cousins and I were just talking about it yesterday. That lady had real bad hair, but boy, could she do math.