Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blech


This past Saturday I got out of bed at 2:13 pm. I haven't done that in years. I stayed in my pajamas, didn't brush my teeth, watched the entire first season of Grey's Anatomy, after episode 12, and I cheated unmercifully on my diet with IMO's pizza. As I started to feel guilty for doing nothing of importance all day, I got up and washed my sheets and the last straggling pieces of laundry left in my IMMACULATE room, did my ab video, washed my hair, brushed AND flossed, and I still felt guilty.

I could not take a sabbath.

I could not enjoy a dreary, windy, Saturday with Patrick Dempsey on the best couch in the world. What is wrong with me? Maybe it was because there were so many nagging things I needed to take care of at work, and I didn't go in and do them. Maybe it was because Bono is probably out saving the poor, and I am ordering pizza with Patrick Dempsey. Maybe it was because I had nothing scheduled but it was sort of too late to shedule anything, and the weather was no motivator. No parties to go to, friends were out of town and I'm not a doctor and I'm not dating Patrick Dempsey. Maybe it was because I snapped at my mom on the phone because she was worried I was going to go out and take a chainsaw to the powerlines that were tangled around the downed tree in my yard. Maybe it was because I didn't talk with my roomate at all, and she was there all day. Maybe it was because I was a fly on the wall the night before for a discussion I didn't need to hear about what guys really think, and it depressed me.

Blech I've been in such a mood lately. Could be PMS. Could be that I have finally slowed down enough to look around, take a deep breath and clean everything, and I'm wondering now, that my closet is finally organized(!), I've cleaned out under my bed (!), I've sorted my shoes, and generated a giant pile of stuff to give away, the kitchen is spotless, worked on the yard to the degree I can, now that I've got my material life completely under control... what is left? Seems like God should vaporize me right off the earth... or, at least, blue monkeys should be flying out of someplace.

Who knows... it was just a sucky day...now that you are uplifted, and encouraged, have a great week.

Tree didn't fall on my house, I still have electricity, and we DID fire up the pit Friday night. So all is not totally crap. And that, is good.

5 comments:

Nom de plume said...

murl, you DO encourage me, just cuz it's nice to remember that sometimes everyone has "those" days. Take heart.

Courtney Patch said...

sounds as though we had a similar weekend; that was pretty much my Friday. things always look up:) you're great! you and Ange and I should meet for dinner soon or something...

testing123 said...

My Saturday was the same... it was awesome. i didnt get out of my sweats until almost 8:00, pm that is...i got a lot done around the apartment but i still had pangs of guilt...

Cary said...

Those are the days...they equally suck and are amazing. Don't for a second, though, think that God can't use Patrick Dempsey to reach his children.

Anonymous said...

Murl..

I didn't read that one, but I did read your favorite quote. I love that quote, but Marianne williamson didn't come up with it. It was Nelson Mandela who first said it in his inauguration speech. thought you might like to know.

fabbs