Monday, July 24, 2006

Charrrrrr....


I chop and kick and punch the air.

Because I love Charter Communications.

I make an appointment. Charter GRACIOUSLY confirms the appointment for cable service one day before the appt. They don't call you, they have a robot do it. And leave you a unintelligible voice message, but they contact you nonetheless.

Then they chain you to your house from 1 to 5 pm on a Saturday. The Robot calls again. Confirming the appointment again AND letting you know that the technician would be there in an hour. SO I sit on my front porch and I wait. I wander to the front yard, I water the plants, I look up one side of the street and down the other... I chat with my roomate, A WITNESS who can verify my presence at my residence.

Imagine my suprise when I toddle back into the house to see if the Cable company, had, by chance, had it's robot contact my robot. And it had. To CANCEL my appointment. Thanks guys. Cause I wasn't WAITING ON THE FRONT PORCH AT ALL!!!

Bad words. BAD words.

Goo. I was so mad. I'm still mad. Granted the cable in the entire universe was out due to the storm so they realistically couldn't have done anything anyway, but in principle I'm right and I'm ticked. :)

So I call to make sure I'm not charged a cancellation fee, and I got to listen to every zip code that didn't have cable service. I should have felt compassion toward the other cable-less victims, but I was extra ticked that I had to LISTEN to EVERY SINGLE zip code that had no cable service.

In case you weren't aware, that was a big storm folks... a big big storm. A LOT of zip codes later, I FINALLY got to a person who was no help and transfered me to billing where I got to listen to the zip codes again. Before I hung up (one of those times that you wish you still had a land phone to slam down, the snap shut just isn't gratifying) the nice lady says "Thankyou for Choosing Charter" I said. "Ma'am, I didn't HAVE a choice!"

I'd rather slide down a slide of razors and land in a pool of lemon juice. HEEYEAH.

5 comments:

dmurl said...

ive done that..only i landed in tartar sauce...and it wasnt that bad..

J said...

I think Charter should send a container of Vaseline for new customers when they sign up. Sooner or later, we need it.

Anonymous said...

Man, just don't get cable. Or a tv. problem solved.

Peace

Linz said...

I'm with you on the cable. I'd ditch it in a heartbeat, but it's the internet I can't live without.

Well... I suppose I could, in fact live without it and become a better individual as well.

But I agree that TV is rotting my brain out.

dmurl said...

gosh u guys...tv rules.. get over it...u guys would be lame and lamer and lamest without it..it has shaped us as people and individuals..i think i would have ended it all long ago if it werent for wayens world and waynes world II...via the TV...