Sunday, March 18, 2007

Three double oh.

My very second post ever was about one of my most favorite books. 'Gates of Fire' by Steven Pressfeld, depicting the 300 Spartans that held off the Massive Persian Army in a narrow mountain pass for three days.

I always thought it would make a great movie. And it did. I went and saw 300 with Monty and Duster and it was awesome. I guess it got bad reviews, and I was a little scared to see it but this is one of my favorite stories of all time and I felt they did a good job with it. Except for some perhaps unecessary skin.

Where is the honor? Where has honor gone?

Those men would have rather died than live with dishonor. Fires me up I tell ya.

Unbelievable. It's based on a comic book series that was based on a true event, the story portrayed had a little more mythological fantastical license, but the basic story is the same. I do not know why this particular story strikes such a chord with me...

Go see it.. it's good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

remember me? jodie kuhn (now allen)? i stumbled across your site from jess's blog and started wondering just how long it's been since i've seen you? years. how are you? we're back in st. louis, chris is teaching at webster hs and i'm home with the girls (bailey 20 months and parker 4 months). would love to hear how you are! jodified@mac.com and www.jodified.typepad.com