Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The heroes are the ones who stay. --Veronica Mars.

I have a house group that is awesome.  Something is happening.  You take a group of strangers who all don't really know why they are there.  Who are all there for different reasons via different roads.  We fight different battles and know God in different ways or maybe even not at all...  You throw them in a room with some food and lock the door.  They are strange people, and the process of getting there was hard, but  As we take in calories and stories, I think the stories start to melt the prejudices that we started with of each other, and the bread we break together breaks down the walls.  And somehow, even though we haven't cracked a bible, we are drawing to God.  Because you see the glory in people sitting there.  You want to high five them when you see where they have won against odds, you want to cheer them up when you see them blue, you want to encourage them when you know they are on hard times... and what? What's this?  My problems?  Well I had forgotten all about those.. I was to busy thinking about YOU.  
 
I have been a tool.  In a good way. A tool for change in peoples lives, not the change, not the driving force, just the suface.  I didn't see it at the time and perhaps I'm not seeing what my purpose is right this very second.  And perhaps that is exactly the way that it is supposed to be.  It is nice to know that my life where it was at the very moment in time that it was, was not purposeless, that nothing was lost, that God used me for his purpose because I was bent the exact way that I needed to be to do the job he needed done.  And hopefully I can rest in the knowledge that even though I'm still a screwed up and a broken messy person with broken messy parts, that in HIS capable hands... I am the right fit to accomplish things.  Even mighty things.  Dare I dream?
 
I dropped to the slippery shower floor and worshipped because he lives.    Because his love is real and it does change people.  Because I have awesome friends who love me.  Because I have real live friends who have stayed by me even though they probably didn't have to. 
 
Because He breathes life into dry bones, and not only to they become alive.. but they dance.
 
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you [d] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption,[ e] the forgiveness of sins.
 
 

2 comments:

angela said...

yay. glad your heart is being renewed in joy.

Michael Goldsmith said...

Linz!!

This is Goldie from Fred'town! I found your site through Dusty's. I thought I would drop you a line and say howdy!

Do you remember that time in Europe that you laughed so hard that you peed your pants a little bit (okay, a lot bit)? Those were the good ole' days!

Later,

Goldie