Sunday, March 16, 2008

Joyousness

All kinds of happy is happening.

Congratulations to Katie and "Patick" Murphy on their new little huge-headed boy Finnegan Henry! Cant wait for this kid to grow up.

And Deb and Josh keep posting good news about doctors and divine appointments reminding me that God is in the details. Engineers always say that the Devil is in the Details, and yesterday, some sales-guy said "The Devil is a squirrel". No one was quite sure what that meant. Anyway, yay for Josh and Deb! Keep them in your prayers.

JD and Linz are due soon and I can't wait for their race of superhumans to commence. Love You guys! I'm sure her little head is going to be huge too. Linz.. look out!!

Hooray that "Lil' miss awesome" (like the shirts) is coming to visit for a week! I'm delirious with happy to have a visitor. Hooray that I have a week off from the job and get to toddle around Switzerland with my girl crush.

Hooray that Deana has google chat and now we "Talk, you know... 'toalk'.. dogs... daughters... you know, no big whoop"

Hooray for Debbie Holley, what a gem!

Hooray that my parents are also coming over later in April!

Hooray that I ate the BEST raspberry desert last night I've EVER tasted. Like WOW. Hot melty berries swimming in a little vanilla-creme jacuzzi. Oh delights!

Hooray thay my new roomies are frikkin' awesome. My one roomate played the viola in college and does it like REALLY well, she also kills monkeys. (The kinds on your back, not like the real banana-eating kind.) My other one I have known for years from a safe distance, but that gap is closing. Hooray for meeting new people and deepening with old people, and finding a church small group over here has made this feel (dare I say) like home.

Hooray for sun, for cherry blossoms and flowers and longer days and gorgeous sunsets over the Rhein every night. And you would not believe how many times a week God kisses me and just paints a shimmery rainbow across the sky. As if he's trying to tell me something and give me flowers all at the same time.

Hooray for having good times, but being aware that I slip into the bad times just as fast, and knowing that God is equally pleased with me during both because of that Jesus guy.

Everyone needs to read Gospel U like thirteen times. With a highlighter and a magnifying glass. Everyone needs to not have a haircut for three months...Ew.

Hooray for Jim Roach... you sly dog. You owe me an email.

Hooray for getting sick while skiing, having to come home early on the train by yourself, but getting some of the best reading (and sleeping) in that finally turned some God-switch on about how it's possible to life your life and not feel terrified that you are doing it wrong all the time. Yeah double hooray for that.

Hooray that I am, on my own, pretty much a crappy person, morally bankrupt, spiritually dead, mean to people sometimes and incapable of anything good.. Hooray I say because GOD is the sole source of all my 'Hooray's because he picks up people-carcass and breathes life into it like it's His job and makes the Dry Bones dance to "Shackles" by Mary Mary in the kitchen floor of a Swiss efficiency apartment.

Hooray that I am up and going to CHURCH right now. Finally.

And hooray for clean laundry and Marple. The long lost Roomit.

7 comments:

Deb said...

As usual, you have brought a huge smile to my face...enjoy church for me!

mch said...

heck yes horray! but how do i talk with you? what is this "google chat" you speak of? give me the deets! (or just email me...marthahyland@gmail.com). uh oh, is some internet crazy going to come steal me now? abort! love you, friend.

C. Shirk said...

The "Devil is a squirrel" comment is so funny to me right now. I also just sent Matt off to bed with a reading of your unicycle spaz lady post and he died laughing, which made me die laughing all over again. Oh, you're fun. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog a while back. I hope you remain in good spirits and I hope to see you soon.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

you are simply the best. I need that rasberry thing recipe for our front porch dinners! Love you

liz said...

whooooohoooooooooo!!!

Patrick said...

Hey Linz! Kate has a machine strapped to her boobs right now getting milk ready for the boy. You'll have to see him soon. He's kinda cute.

Courtney Patch said...

Mmmm, raspberries. My favorite as of late as well:) What a happy blog post this was! And so glad you and Ange are getting to hang out. So fun. But yes, I will be glad to have her back, I'm not gonna lie:)