Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fluids.

It seems I spoke too soon.  Water from that slapping rain is now in my basement :). 
 
Do not be jealous after all. 
 
This also seems the appropriate time to journal a classic set of "Lindsey" blunders.  I sometimes lose my mind.  I have very consuming thoughts, it would seem, they keep me from living the life in front of me.  The wedding I was supposed to attend this weekend I had to miss because I SCHEDULED THE WRONG DATES.  So I was in KC and going to fly to Dallas and then back to STL.  I ended up missing my first leg because it was the wrong day, so I had to use the second leg just to get home.  So I did that. 
 
Then I took my bike out for a spin and left the trunk to my car WIDE OPEN in my driveway.  What? 
 
I start to unpack my suitcase and it is soaking wet as well.  Source of the liquid is unclear, it may have been internal or external but what IS clear is that it hit something like red ink and stained a few of my work jackets.  Awesome.
 
I did have lunch with great pals and they helped me sop up the water in the basement.  Good, good awesome friends.
 
Tackling that last room, and maybe a nap, a book and then some work.
 
Hoping you are dry on this lovely Sunday.  

2 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

Oh, our basement is wet too. I bet everyone's is semi wet at least! Ours always travels river-like from one end to the other.. the "other" being the drain that sits under the washer. So I've already done two loads of laundry with things that were dangling out of baskets and got soaking wet with gross basement floor water. So nice. Of course I SHOULD have been doing laundry anyway, but when it's forced upon me it always ticks me off!

Close the door to that room and forget work... read that book or watch a good movie! :)

annie said...

I looked for you at church and wondered if you were even able to get there. I hope that there is still plenty of relaxation to be had in this Sunday. And oh yeah, I think you're spiffy!