Sunday, September 14, 2008

Morning.

Gray, cozy morning.  Music playing, candles burning, the house is still.  My laundry is tumbling.  Rain slapping on the driveway.  A good burning in my legs from yesterdays bike ride...my house is clean and starting to feel like it's my space again. 
Only one more room to tackle before chateau Murl is complete, but today that door is shut.  Today it's off my shoulders.
 
I will go to church now and I will hope to pervey this peace as I work in the one year old room at the nursery.  I am thinking if any other houses around feel like mine do this morning that not many people will leave the warm confines, but if they do... I will happily chase their kids around.
 
Blessings to you on this seemingly "hook-blade" day.
 
 

1 comment:

Jodie Allen said...

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing. Chris and I were just talking about how much we used to love cool rainy fall days b/c it meant a slow morning, hot chocolate, candles, football, naps, etc. Now it just means crazy kids running around and bored from being cooped up inside! It also means, today at least, we're not going to church b/c taking three kids out in the rain is just no fun at all! Enjoy your slow and quiet day. Enjoy your clean house. And know I'm over here in my noisy+messy house very very jealous! :)