Sunday, May 31, 2009

Monkeys, Toes, Pies, Garbage and... oh just read it.

Prolly should be in bullets, these thoughts:

Three weeks, i think, that is the longest we, the residents of 209 Newport Ave, can go without putting the garbage on the curb.


Two bunny rabbits have been wishing me well on my way out the door this past week. I feel like Snow White.

I cant tell you when i have been more at peace. I am not even waiting for the dropping of the other shoe. This doesn't mean I have any more knowledge of the future, I just have more trust in the goodness of the Designer.

I wonder if there are people who actually make their beds everyday. I wonder what their problem is anyway.

Exactly half of me is sick of the interior of my home. I want to have someone come in and make it "cool" and inviting and artsy and stuff. I want to make people feel welcome, but maybe not as cool as me and my space. The other half of me wants to tell people that my hand me down stuff is "cool' as it is, because I have purchased none of it, and it kinda goes together, even if it's old and every bit of it has a story. Very few things have I purchased. The art work of my friends and family are the stories hanging on the walls. The dining room table I have was my parent's and I have eaten around it since I was a baby. Sara from college left me the awesome retro chairs. I wonder, though, which half is better, the half that cares about the stuff being polished and new, or about the stuff being meaningful and important...maybe it's just stuff still and I shouldn't really care what people think of it and my stories. Maybe I'll just paint. That may help.

The same halves of me are warring on whether or not to care about the digital TV revolution. I admit I have looked at sexy flat screen TV's. But I also admit since I stopped paying for cable, I like me more, I compare me and my life less, I have more time and I watch shows that I like intentionally with people, or I watch them online if I want to, and I haven't missed a thing. I rent DVD's more and I read more books now. If I lived alone, this is the way it would stay, as the money, to me, is not justifiable. Dusty likes watching sports though...and he may win.

So it's no secret to those who know me that I have been creeping around like an old lady these days because of this drug i am taking that is shredding my joints. I am almost done with the drug and the entire left side of my face is completely zit-free for the first time since I was probably ten years old. I have felt my skin for the first time.

John came to visit and we made pies.

My book, I think will be a women bashing book. The sole purpose of Christianity and the Church is not so that women and children feel safe and secure all the time. That is a promise that we were never made. I'm baking this idea more...
Blue toenail polish has been my signature color for awhile now. Dusty says it looks like I kicked a smurf. But apparently its the "in" color right now. I think I should be getting some royalties for this trendsetting. Don't you?

My new fave quote. From Wild at Heart: "Let people feel the weight of who you are, and let them deal with it." I tend toward sparing people the madness that is me. I should give them more credit and the privilege of knowing the weight of me. I'm still baking this too...

And just because I'm sure there is SOMEONE out there that I haven't shown these to yet, this is my army of Monkey cupcakes that I made for a friends baby shower. She went and messed up the shower by having the baby three weeks early on that day...but i guess we will forgive her.

(My favorite are the bottom three See No Evil...Hear No Evil....Speak No Evil.) And she said I wasn't domestic...




By far the best idea to rattle in my melon lately is one that is coming at me from a few different sources, but one recently this morning. The mental ascent to Christianity is not enough. Knowledge about Jesus is no more a relationship with him than, say, stalking some love interest...even the most diligent stalkers are still on the other side of the glass. Coming in thru the door, requires courage and less of a brain that you would think. Good news for the masses of un-intellectuals. Good news indeed.

6 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

those cupcakes are SO cute!! i'm impressed. are those vanilla wafers?! and the pie was so good; this i know. what a domestic goddess you are:)

angela said...

hey...i make my bed! no matter that dresser drawers gape open ad there are piles of clothes on bed, chair and radiator... : )

love this post. can't wait to read your book.

Matt Blazer said...

You used to have a similar quote... From Mandela I think. The one about people not hiding who they are...

your blog is stealing me from Sermon Prep...

I would like to hang out sometime... Stupid Chemo will be over in a couple of weeks...

C. Shirk said...

Kicked a smurf. That's funny. Speaking of trends, I'm scared of one I see coming. I have been liking the bootcut jeans era. It helps out those of us with big feet, by making them look about 1/2 the size. Now, I see jeans walking around that are tightish and tapered and super long and then rolled up in a big long roll. Have you seen this? At first, I thought it might just be a Mexican thing (El Paso is 80% Hispanic) but now I see it on white folks, too. Has this trend come to St. Louis yet? I hope this one doesn't last!! Ok, maybe this should be a post on my own blog, not a comment on yours.

Linz said...

Carrie, I'm not sure where you are supposed to leave comment to your comment. I think it's here. I think, unfortunately, skinny jeans have been "in" for awhile, but I will never wear them for obvious reasons. In the eighties, I had to put pants back on the rack because i couldn't get my giant foot thru the foothole. So I feel your pain. I personally think you could rock them with your gams, but if you choose not to, I will certainly hold out with you.

C. Shirk said...

What are gams? Well, I definitely plan to be out of style during this trend, so I'm glad I will not be alone.

Ha - the word verification for this comment is rimpla. That's a funny word.