Saturday, March 19, 2005

Imagine "Concert Quality"...

Fun times at the good old bowlin alley. Cosmic fun times. Who knew bowling could be so much more fun than regular bowling by adding black lights and thumpin tunes? Or as Jill may say... "Bootie smackin' beats" (If you know her, you can hear her laugh right now, it's the textbook definition of a "giggle")

Overheard:
Lindsey: "Morris, I gotta tell you.. not to be offensive, but there is a huge part of me that wishes I were black..."
Morris: "Yeah?"
Lindsey: "Yeah, I mean you guys are just so much cooler than us."
Morris: "I'm not gonna argue with you."

That conversation also preceeded a super fun nite of cutting up and general jubilance. Man I made it to Friday. It was a rough week. Had to let loose with some dancin' and by watching one of the best displays of bowling I've ever seen, I watched JD Wylie bowl a one million. Well It was more like 10 whole strikes in a row then spared out the last frame. (Or something else, that adds up to an actual bowling score, it's too late to be adding. Two fifty-mumble mumble...something. It was stinkin good, whatever it was)

tangent alert... one time my grandma, an avid bowler, broke her shoulder when she accidentally mistook her REGULAR shoe, for her CUSTOM BOWLING shoe. Unknowingly wearing one bowling shoe and one street shoe, she stands up to approach, and rubber on the street shoe stuck on the lane, and she tripped, ball first and slid down the lane still connected to said ball. She stayed there immobilized until the paramedics came because everyone was afraid to try to move her off the oil-slick lane.

What? Oh.. she's fine.


Willie is just a great story waiting to happen, this time he brings with him a giant bowl of cookie dough... to the bowling alley. He was in charge of dessert at the dinner he had come from, and that is what he brought.. oh my gosh. Lindsay procured plastic spoons for all, and joy was spread. All over our tongues and hearts.

I've never seen people line dance in a bowling alley. I was in heaven.


No comments: