Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Things I like about my friends, slightly amended.

Deana lives her life with more courage than anyone I know. Has overcome more than most people can even fathom to do in ten lifetimes, let a lone a third of one. She is thoughtful and has forgiven me much. That trumps many things. She knows me in ways no one else does and still likes me. She's taught me about commitment and about loving unconventionally. She sends her aunt flowers on Valentines day and buys three different sets of scrabble. White Trash, Sorta Deluxe, and Ebay third times a charm. All collectors items in my book. Her one downfall, is that she eats A LOT. man she can pack it away. I've seen her eat one, maybe two fourths of a an average buffalo chicken sandwhich, man don't get inbetween her and the plate. You'll be de-bunned and gnawed on and left to the to-go box... (c'mon thats funny).

Liz is so freakin creative and makes absolutely beautiful things with her hands. I like her moxie and how she isn't afraid of conflict. She inspires me to fiercely love people and to be Christ to the absolutely unloveable. To be kind to people and expect nothing in return. She also is great at speaking the truth even when it may not be what you want to hear. "We're basically the same person" ;) I'm going to be her copywriter one day and we are going to shoot commercials in Canada, it's true.

Casey called me today to ask me to visit his friend Adelaide while he was out of town. Adelaide is 86 and can't get out of the house on her own, and has no living relatives. Casey goes and visits her because he likes her. Because she is his friend. Casey takes his vacations and builds houses for people who don't have them. He wants nothing more than to help people. Casey also wants more than anything to know you. He asks questions that make you think about your way of thinking. Casey sleeps in his truck and picks up hitchikers. Give a shout out to Bolton Blue Bonner, the swoonerific bull rider for me.

Nate will sit and talk to you like what you have to say about some obscure topic is the most interesting conversation he's ever had. He is one of the best listeners I've ever met. He has compassion on people. He has a way with words. He's a Dirt Berby....Ah make that a Dirt Berby with a roll case.

Markus will laugh the paint off of a school bus. He would do anything for you if you ask him. He makes you feel like the coolest person ever by leaving you messages that only you find funny. He also gives good gifts. Gives gifts that say "I know you". I know that you will like Bridget the Midget the Queen of the Blues by Ray Stevens burned onto a CD. He also calls you when songs come on at the Lion's Choice, and down loads ridiculous christianese songs from Apologetix. Oh man, don't ask. Heck yes he did. Shoo...

My Brother Dusty is the happiest person I know. He always has a "Wassap Ninz" for me when I call him. And we get along like gangbusters. He's kind to people, he always makes me happy and loved no matter how I'm feeling. He has a kind heart and a nasty golf swing. Dawg. I'm so proud of him. He lived in my freezing cold basement and never complained.

Angela is one of the most amazing people I know. She also has a knack for making things beautiful and for listening and for understanding what sonship is and how to remind you that you are indeed a son of the most high and not a slave. She weaves together word tapestries that bring me to tears and to my knees. She looks at pain and suffering and starving naked, depraved people all day and sees Gods hope in it. She also see guys who look like Ghandi in a bra. And it matters that she shares what she sees.

Amy has a dear sweet heart. I'm glad to have gotten to know her better lately, I am thankful for that. I'm glad she likes pirates and creepy weird dolls. She understands Gilmore addiction and the need for cheesey song. There is ground yet to be explored with Amy, and I think that is so cool. She just quit her job today, and I'm so proud of her. We celebrated with her good friends Ben and Jerry.

Jimmy Ro is a man of integrity. I see him joyful, and thoughtful. They are both blessings.
Jim, continued, is a great encourager, and I forgot to mention that he is such a wanker. Jim has a great sense of humor, and I'm not sure why I didn't notice it before. He always has a great one liner, and never one that has to resort to being crude or putting anyone else down. I highly, highly respect that. And I gotta respect the fact that he shares my love for green tea.

Jane paints me imagination pictures, and has made me love bluegrass and didyoucatchems. She is good to just sit and be quiet with. She's a good memory hunter.

Heather is so disciplined. She makes time for her friends when her schedule is absolutely impossible. Her faith is unshakeable. Her Spades are unbeatable. Her sand volleyball, paired with mine, one day, will be pink bikinis. Yes pink.

Lindsay is a sweet genuine doctor gal who married J.D., a large-brained, funny doctor man. They will have 2 or 4, (depending on who wins the argument) large-brained sweet kids and those kids will solve the energy crisis and be able to spike a volleyball and run like the wind. If they don't get put in jail first for some prank including the use of frogs and tunafish. Lindsay seems like a person who couldn't possibly be as happy as she seems. But truth is, she is. She really is, despite the fact that she married J.D. who lucked out, if you ask me. She lucked out too.

Scott is gone back hooome to Minnesoooota, but still makes me happy when he calls or drops by to play Dr. Mario. He can talk to anyone and make anyone feel like they are the only person in the room. It's a rare, rare thing the way he makes people feel. He is a person that makes me laugh HARD. Like choking hard, almost wet my pants hard. Actually yes, that hard too. He made me spray water across a table once at Sunru by poking me in the ribs. Bum. We are best buds from college who had the same teacher with the same speech impediment that no one else thinks is funny. We have to call each other to laugh and remind ourselves, that yes, that thing we say as a catch phrase is funny, even though no one else ever laughs at it. Keep in in your mind. WUPD. Stick that in your car door! Sec-reen. It's a shame his dad is a clown, no really, an actual clown...

Not running out of friends or good things to say about them... running out of daylight... Ah.. what a great problem to have... To quote Jane the Memory Maker, "I'm one spoiled child of God."

No comments: