Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Why are there so many songs about Rainbows?*

Is there anyway... anyway at all you can listen to Kermit signing "Rainbow Connection" and not just be elated? It's getting a lot of time on the iPod lately, and it's my favorite song to listen to in the airport. Makes me like people more and not get pissed at them when they are fumbling through security. People wonder why I smile at them, and it's just because...

Someday we'll find it.
The Rainbow Connection.
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

La Di Da Dee....De dah do..


*Ok, I'm calling myself out on this one.. This is the cheesiest post ever.
But I do have a distinct change in demeanor when listening to that song in high stress situations. It's my audio prozac.

Don't you think it's weird that when there is some sweet, sad, song playing and then you just take in normal scenery of life and it becomes poetry. Set to music, a woman pooper scooper-ing can be beautiful. Chariots of Fire in the background, or the, say, the theme to Hoosiers may make you want to cheer for the guy holding up the convenience store. It's magic really.

I think I need real prozac.

No comments: