Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Just Shards

I'm feeling pregnant. Easy there, rumor mill. Pregnant with knowledge and peace and joy. God has brought me faithfully into a time of refreshing. Got to talk with Jim about it tonite after he brought the heat at bible study, it was good to spill my guts.

I've found a virtual gold mine of sermons, on the greentree webster website. Check out all of Scott Sauls' stuff it's really quite good and it's spending some quality time on the old iPod.

Last Sunday, we sang my absolute favorite song of all time at DR on Sunday nite Isaiah 43.


As you pass throught the waters I will be with you,
and the waves they shall not overcome you DO NOT FEAR, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, Lindsey, You are Mine.

Most of the time when he blesses me, I am feeling particularly not-sinful and somewhere in my head I attribute the blessing to something I have earned. What a crock. As if I were ever sinless enough on my own accord.

The story as I see it: He made the World, and he knew the plan, he would make a covenant with us (Israel) and we would break it, he had to let us try to be holy on our own so we would see our need "No, Daddy, really I can work the weedeater by myself, lemme try" "Ok.. there you go...here's a few rules...uh.. oh.. hmm nevermind, gimme that..."

Then he would weave this book together, this old testament scripture, and just SOAK it in prophecy of One to come, he would intricately weave threads of the Annointed hero to come that would " finish the transgression, make an end of sin, make atonement for iniquity, bring in everlasting righteousness, seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place."(Dan. 9:24) He TOLD us in a slightly coded way, what was coming. He gave that to us. Then he was silent for as long as he said he was going to be (again according to Daniel seventy weeks which is like 434 years or so) and he would have his Son come and do his thing, love people, be a spiritual king, and teach us about the heart of God. He gave us all the information to make an informed descision, and then he left the decision up to us so that it was real.

He made us,
He told us what He was going to do, (A *COUPLE* different ways)
He did it,
He told us he did it,
and all we have to do is believe that He is the stud that He says He is.
Sometimes we make it much harder than that.

Getting into scripture is so like running. I love how I feel when I am done running. But before and during it is often hard and grueling and dare I say boring. But when you get there and do it and suck it up you find that it left you in a much better place than it found you and you are empowered, not exhausted. You feel better, not worse. I need to run around in scripture more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So weird- I love that song and they played it this week at Park Street, my church here in Boston (also a T-stop), for the first time since I moved here and I was just filled with joy!!