Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ode to Liz and Others.

LIZ! LIZ! LIZ! I chant her name. I don't know how much I can say here without violating her work secrets, but she just wrapped her first commercial!! Oh it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. I can't believe it. I watched it over and over and OVER last nite. I'm unbelievably proud of her. I can barely contain myself. I'm just amazed by her ability to do cool stuff. Gosh. It's Gosh. I'm articulate, aren't I. If you could rip me open and see my heart just swelling with pride for her you would wonder what is wrong with me. But i'm just so happy for her. And i am so happy that I didn't even have to pretend to like it, I just did.

I'm also so happy to get a chance to talk with Fox on Sunday. He was also balm for my soul. And my soul is feeling pretty chapped. Ode, to the encouragers. Gretel, Jane, Fox, Heather, Lindsay, Hawkins in your own little way... keep doing what you are doing, it matters. I love you guys.

Bob Perkins also referenced Aladdin in his talk, he had me at 'Do you trust me?'

Ode to my cousin Megan, who just purchased a gift for me from Seattle. She brough me car freshener in the shape of bacon. It says it's supposed to have a "sizzling bacon scent". She also brought me GREEN TEA. Wow. It is almost my half birthday.. wait.. no it's not.

My co-worker Dave is the funniest man alive. He just kills me. Today we went upstairs to get bervages together and we raced I took the stairs and he took the elevator. He is kind of how I imagine Willie! in twenty years. Not eating any green vegetables, not putting on any airs for anyone, and crackin me up. The elevator doors slide open and he's got me at fingergun point, telling me in his sean connery james bond voice that he'd like his mountain dew at 32 degrees, shaken, not stirred.. He's the only person who doesn't shush me when I get to singing showtunes, he finishes them up for me, taking most conversations across that propriety length at work time, and time again.

Here's to you.. my bright spots...

No comments: