Sunday, May 08, 2005

First Time for Everything

This week was full of a lot of firsts for me. I saw the Cardinals score 11 runs in the first inning at Busch stadium for Annie!'s birfday celebration. (We forgot to do the souped up version of "my name is Faquisha") It was pretty rad. But kinda took the steam out of the rest of the game.

Afterwards, I was talking to Liz on the highway as I drove home to see my mama, and I RAN OUT OF GAS. I have never done that before. I was in the left lane, and I had to coast over three lanes and I almost didn't make it. Liz thankfully saved the day and came and brought me some gas and followed my sorry self to the gas station. I kinda feel like I've stepped over into this new club, the club for morons who forget that they need gas. But I was thankful that there was a place to pull over, and that I made it over there, else I could have been highway rubble.

Yabba dabba doo.

Mother's Day. Came and went. All in all I have a great one. I am extremely thankful for her, and I am also extremely thankful for the many people in my life who haven't had great ones who make me appreciate mine. Good motherhood is not a given. I can only hope I'll be as good a mom as mine was.

Enough of that hallmark card... blech..sorry guys..

So pumped about 20:28, Greentree's first (hopefully annual) church-wide service day. I would encourage all of you who read this to bathe this day in prayer, if you are the prayin' sort. When I first heard our chruch was trying to pull something like this off, I was skeptical, but that has been replaced with only uber excitement. It's what the chruch is supposed to look like....the hands and feet of Jesus. Broken busy people, taking time to help others. Hallmark..I know.. sorry.

Non-hallmark. Our patio was on fire this weekend. On purpose. Set fire to the champagne cork, and kept it going with nothing but lighter fluid. You can dress us up, but you can't take us out. It was actually rather relaxing, in a 'hey-just-dont'-set-the-house-on-fire' kinda way. That was definitely a first.

Whos on first? I don't know.. Third base....

No comments: