Saturday, May 21, 2005

A-mazing


Someone should tell Christians that they can't do this. You can't be a band that takes normal songs and turns them into Christian songs. You can't take "I Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish and change the words to say "Naomi Gonna Be With Ruth". You can't sing "Do a little dance, make a little love, Get FOUND tonite?" and you certainly can't put your own band on the cover of Rolling Clone magazine and make that a CD cover. I can't handle it. God knew I'd have no grace for these folks. But it is quite entertaining. I returned to work this week after a hiatus to cold, rainy San Franscisco and my favorite co-worker Dave ran up to me to tell me that he heard a song on the Radio that sounded mysteriously like the B-52's Love Shack, only it was... Meshach. Apologetix...yes with an 'X' that's the name of this band. The first time I heard of these guys, it was unfortunately from a die hard fan. I had to try really hard to look past the WWJD camoflage do-rag, and the "Truth" bar that this chic was eating. I thought she was joking. But, alas, she was not. She was going to see them in concert, and was pumped. I want to see them in concert too. In a "wow-it's-a-real-live-bearded-lady" kinda way.

Hey Christians... you can't do this. There, I said it. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

* i should ask soni what he thinks about the naomi thing. or maybe apologize. awful. i hope weird al yankovic makes a parody about this parody band. -jane.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at this, I stumbled upon your blog and really appreciate the quality in a www of inane blogs. Well done, good sense of humor.