Monday, May 02, 2005

Thankful


I am thankful. Full of thanks.
I am so thankful, Lord, for so many things you have blessed me with lately, but even more importantly I am so thankful for the freedom you have given me. My words seem to hang tired and lifeless on this page like some cheesy Christian shirt that needs to be ironed, but your gift to me has been life to my dry bones.
You are water that quenches me. I have been long in the desert place, and am rejoicing for the time in the desert place and rejoicing for the time of refreshing. Lord may the next desert place find me remembering this refreshing. May the next season of heavy tilling remind me of the planting and the harvest to come.

A tad vague, but true...

More details on my story-filled, side-splitting, slip'n slidin', road-rashin', cat-hitting, bourbon-chicken-eating, campfire-singin', bed-squeakin', butt-scraping, hair-braidin', covenant learnin', explosive, adjective-heavy weekend later.
Posted by Hello

No comments: