Monday, May 30, 2005

To Seeing us as He Sees us.

With all the bad things about Christianity and the lack of followers of Jesus actually acting anything like him in this world, there are many reasons not to be a Christian. The name of Jesus is used in big ugly ways by people trying to get their way, has been and will continue to be.

But I think this small list is the beginning of my answer to the question "Why would anyone ever want to be a Christian?"

Or if you are a Christian and have ever asked the question "Who am I? Do I matter?"

If you have confessed with your mouth and believed in your heart, all of the following promises apply to you too:


I am forgiven all my sins and washed in the blood (Eph. 1:7)
I am a new creature (2 Cor. 5:17)
I am the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19)
I am delivered from the power of darkness and transformed into God's kingdom (Col. 1:13)
I am redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal. 3:13)
I am strong in the Lord (Eph. 6:10)
I am holy and without blame before Him (Eph. 1:4)
I am accepted in Christ (Eph. 1:6)
I am God's child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God which lives and abides forever (1 Pet. 1:23)
I am blessed (Deut. 28:1-14)
I am a saint (Rom. 1:7)
I am qualified to share in His inheritance (Col. 1:12)
I am the head and not the tail, I am above only and not beneath (Deut. 28:13)
I am victorious (Rev. 21:7)
I am dead to sin (Rom. 6:2)
I am elect (Col. 3:12)
I am loved with an everlasting love (Jer. 31:3)
I am established to the end (1 Cor. 1:8)
I am set free (Jn. 8:31-33)
I am circumcised with the circumcision made without hands. (Col. 2:11)
I am crucified with Christ (Gal. 2:20)
I am alive with Christ (Eph. 2:5)
I am raised up with Christ and seated in the heavenly places (Col. 2:12)
I am His faithful follower (Eph. 5:1)
I am the light of the world (Matt. 5:14)
I am the salt of the earth (Matt. 5:13)
I am called of God (2 Tim. 1:9)
I am brought near by the blood of Christ (Eph. 2:13)
I am more than a conqueror (Rom. 8:37)
I am in Christ Jesus by His doing (1Cor. 1:30)
I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Cor. 5:20)
I am beloved of God (1 Thess. 1:4)
I am the first fruits among His creation (James. 1:18)
I am born of God and the evil one does not touch me (1 Jn. 5:18)
I am a king and a priest unto God (Rev. 1:6)
I am a joint heir with Christ (Rom. 8:17)
I am reconciled to God (2 Cor. 5:18)
I am overtaken with Blessings (Deut. 28:2)
I am healed by the wounds of Jesus (1 Pet. 2:24)
I am in the world as He is in heaven (1 Jn. 4:17)
I am a fellow citizen with the saints of the household of God (Eph. 2:19)
I am sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13)
I am complete in Christ (Col. 2:10)
I am the apple of my Father's eye (Ps. 17:8)
I am free from condemnation (Rom. 8:1)
I am the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21)
I am chosen (1 Thess. 1:4)
I am firmly rooted, built up, strengthened in the faith an overflowing with thankfulness (Col. 2:7)
I am a place kicker for the Dallas Cowboys. (Lin 2:21)
I am a disciple of Christ because I have love for others (Jn. 13:343-35)
I am built on the foundations of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4)
I am God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works (Eph. 2:10)
I am being changed into His image (Phil. 1:6)
I am one in Christ! Hallelujah! (Jn. 17:21-23)
I have all my needs met by God according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19)
I have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16)
I have everlasting life (Jn. 6:47)
I have a guaranteed inheritance (Eph. 1:14)
I have abundant life (Jn. 10:10)
I have overcome the world (1 Jn. 5:4)
I have the peace of God which passes all understanding (Phil. 4:7)
I have access to the Father by on Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I have received the power of the Holy Spirit: power to lay hands on the sick and see them recover; power to cast out demons; power over all the power of the enemy (Mk. 16:17)
I can to all things through Jesus Christ (Phil. 4:13)
I shall do even greater works than Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:13)
I walk in Christ Jesus (Col. 2:6)
I possess the Greater One in me because greater is He in me than he who is in the world (1 Jn. 4:4)
I press toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God (Phil. 3:14)
I live by the law of the holy Spirit (Rom. 8:2)
I know God's voice (Jn. 10:14)
I show forth His praise (1 Pet. 2:9)
I always triumph in Christ (2 Cor. 2:14)
Christ is in me, the Hope of Glory! (Col.1:27)


Gosh, if we believed half of this was true, wouldn't our days look differently?

2 comments:

SBean said...

I had no idea God was a Dallas Cowboys fan ;O)
Thanks for the reminders. I am often surprised at how quickly I forget the biggest part of my life.

Linz said...

Just makin sure you are awake.